I was tagged. The assignment: write 25 random facts about me. Not a hard assignment, I must confess.
1. For some reason, when I was little, I used to be obsessed with cigarettes. Really. In fact, I used to wonder if my parents didn’t secretly smoke in their bedrooms when we kids weren’t watching (my dad was a seminary teacher). Also, when I was maybe six or seven I saw a cigarette on the ground (you know, an old used one) and I picked it up and put it in my mouth to see what it tasted like.
2. I used to lick the dirt and grime off car bumpers (yes REAL cars) because I liked the taste so much. Scouts honor, I did.
3. EFY music rocks. Stephen Frandsen does not.
4. I’m kind of an airhead.
5. When I was in Mr. Daniel’s fifth grade history class we had a unit on the American Revolution. From that point on I knew exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up: a high school history teacher. Living the dream baby, living the dream.
6. Sixth grade was easily the worst year of my life. I’m sure that’s how outer darkness will be.
7. I have absolutely no idea why people talk to me. Really, if I weren’t me, I wouldn’t talk to me at all. I’d avoid me at all costs.
8. I’ve never met anyone who has even remotely close to the same taste in movies that I have.
9. I hate having to carry on conversation in a group of people. I can’t do it.
10. I have a horrible temper. I’ve mostly learned to control it, but some days (like today) I lose it and boy oh boy, things get ugly really fast. And then I hate myself for the next couple of hours.
11. I’m the most self-conscious person I’ve ever met (which is one of the causes of my temper tantrum today).
12. When I was three I was sitting by a girl in California. I had seen people kiss in movies so I decided I would kiss this girl on the cheek. After the deed was done my brothers teased me until I started crying (which could explain why I never kissed another girl until I was 25).
13. I fear two things. I’m not going to tell you either one.
14. I have no lenses in my eyes. They were both taken out by Dr. Teske of the Moran Eye Center when I was growing up.
15. I used to watch Full House religiously when I was in fourth grade.
16. When I was growing up my three older brothers and I would play sports non-stop (Daniel and I against Aaron and Jared) and without fail our games would always end with me walking away crying. Always. No wonder my brothers hated me.
17. Les Miserables in my favorite musical of all time. When I was in seventh grade I used to
listen to it all the time when I went to bed. In fact, I memorized that whole cassette.
18. I have no idea how I made it through my mission. To think that I woke up every morning at 6:30 for two years is absolutely mind-boggling (well, ALMOST every morning, I think I slept-in four times).
19. I don’t think Joseph Smith was lying.
20. High school students are absolutely phenomenal. I look up to and respect them a whole lot more than they probably realize.
21. Best president of all time: George “The Man” Washington. You try and start a nation why don’t you.
22. Swiss German is the language spoken in heaven (ironic since so few of them are headed in that direction presently).
23. I’m WAY more lenient with the students that I like. Anybody who says teachers don’t have favorites is lying.
24. I still struggle with the uber-sociality of dance teams. I mean, I handle it a lot better than my first couple years folk dancing, but I it still overwhelms me at times. They are so friendly; I just don’t get it.
25. I have lots of acquaintances, but very few people I would consider friends. Course, if you ask me if you’re one of my friends, I’ll most likely say “yes” in order to be polite, but just know that you’re probably not.