Hello, it is now 6:07 in the post meridian and I just got through watching the movie Charade with my father. I haven’t written for a couple of weeks because I was waiting. I’m still waiting, but I can’t hold back any longer.
Here are the items to note:
- Blind dates are still enemy number one in the Book of Wright. The sure way for me to start to avoid you is by offering to set me up on a blind date. I think I avoid about 98 percent of the people in my parents’ ward nowadays. In fact, the other day I sang in their ward and I left before the closing prayer just so I wouldn’t have to talk to anyone.
- I just read through my opening paragraph and I had at least 75.2 spelling errors that I had to correct. What is wrong with me? I think my students and their writing skills (or lack thereof) are really starting to rub off.
- I’m not going to give out my full Favorite People List, but Ashley Ekins is definitely on there (and yes Ashlee, I realize I spelled your name wrong, but that is to show you that although you might be on my list, that still doesn’t mean you control me).
- One of my students notified me this week that I’m going bald (as if I didn’t already know). That’s one thing I love about high school students: absolutely no tact. And they wonder why they all have self-esteem issues.
- The heating in my sweet minivan is currently out of commission. Do you have any idea how cold it is in the morning driving to work since I have to keep the air-conditioning on so the windows don’t fog up? (and yes I realize that was horrible sentence structure.)
- I had a dance practice on Saturday and to my great relief I do believe that I’ve progressed in my dancer status. I think I’ve gone from “utterly ridiculous and embarrassing” to “needs improvement.” Give me five more years and I’m pretty sure I can reach “bearable” status.
- I’ve had a major break through: I no longer hate Kobe Bryant.
- Have you ever seen Watcher in the Woods? It’s a definite must see. Rent it from your local movie rental place right now. I promise you won’t regret it.
- I’m determined to be kinder to referees from here on out. Rough job that.
And with that, ciao