Hello, the Mrs. has gone to California so here I sit watching the Pacers play the Heat (and oh how I dislike those Heat). Anyway, since she’s abandoned me for the next couple of days, I’ve decided to write about the top ten reasons the Mrs. is so amazing
(Editor’s Note: These aren’t the only reasons, just the top ones).
The Mrs. is amazing because:
- She puts up with my being one of the biggest airheads in the world and forgetting just about everything of importance.
- She watches NBA playoff basketball with me and actually likes it (and if she doesn’t, she does an amazing job of faking it).
- She makes sure I don’t become apostate.
- She puts up with my being slightly crazy and a little bit weird (which, by the way, is a lot easier said than done).
- She takes the time to get to know some of my students (which is important to me because when my students get to know the Mrs., they realize that since she agreed to marry me I must have at least one redeeming quality, which may or may not be true)
- She’s incredibly nice to my family (which, considering the socially handicapped nature of my family, is no easy task).
- She does my laundry (and makes sure I dress at least semi-fashionably).
- She’s really, really smart (I was going to say “she’s smarter than me” but that’s really not much of a compliment).
- She puts up with living in the Goshe (no cell phone service, no shopping, no nothing).
- and finally, she’s really, really pretty.
Monday, May 14, 2012
The Mrs., Little Chad, and I just went and watched The Avengers. It was decent. Although honestly, the way everybody talked about it, I thought it was going to be amazing. It wasn't. Anyway, it got me to thinking about movies. Here's what I have to say. - I watched Saturday's Warrior yesterday. I cried like eight times. Considering the era in which it was made, available funds, and available technology, I'm pretty sure it was one of the best Mormon movies ever. Really. No joke. I'll argue that point with anyone. - Speaking of Mormonified movies that I watched recently, Seventeen Miracles is also a great movie. I couldn't have been a pioneer. No way. I would have done one of two things: 1) Turned back 2) Not even started. No way are the things I have to go through as hard as that. No way (for the second time). - I'm still obsessed with Inception. - The Mrs. and I watched the Titanic the other week to celebrate the 100th anniversary (she edited it for me). It was okay. However, how it broke box office records is beyond me. Not even on my top 100 movies of all time. That said, I love Leo so it was worth it. - Just so you know, I hate the Yankees. - Do you know what Mormon movieette that I need to watch again? The Phone Call. So good. You can watch it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqU37SKPeVE. You most definitely won't regret it. It's kind of the story of my high school life. Anyway, that's all for now.