Well hello there. It has been some time since I wrote one of these. My apologies. I will do better. In my defense I did write something about cellular devices a bit ago but it sounded too bitter so I didn’t post it. Also, I tried to write in the Europe but just getting Internet access was fiasco enough, let alone trying to post something when everything on the website was in Turkish.
Anyway, enough of that, let me listify. Nothing like a list to help things come into focus.
1. Did you know that you cannot access YouTube in Turkey? It’s true.
2. School starts this month, I’m so excited. It’s such a good feeling to actually know that you’re getting something done (so that you know, I haven’t done anything this summer, I’m such a waster).
3. My mother just asked me why anyone would want a cell phone (she’s been on the phone the last hour). My honest answer: I have absolutely no idea. When I was in Switzerland last week my host mom gave me a cell phone. It rang for me three times. I refused to answer it all three times. When you hate talking to people it makes absolutely no sense to have a cell phone.
4. I watched the movie Inception. I have a rule that you can’t put a movie on your "Favorite Movies of All-Time List" until it has stood the test time (meaning can it withstand multiple viewings and still not be boring), but I’m pretty sure Inception is eventually going to make the cut. I just have a feeling.
5. Soccer season started this week and my brother Big Stew has agreed to finally join the goodness. I’m excited. Now if only I could figure out how to coach.
6. I think football has an unfair advantage over all other major sports because the season has such a great starting time. I mean, by August the boringness of summer is pretty much unbearable and you’re just looking for some kind of change.
7. I love football. It’s not my favorite sport to play, but it is definitely my favorite time of year. However, this year I’m going to be a little more subdued because I’m still upset with Payton Manning. In fact, I think I might have to take down his poster in my classroom for a little bit until he earns back my trust.
8. I went to Athens Greece four weeks ago. I’m just going to be honest and say that I was not impressed at all. I could do with never visiting that place again, ever.
9. I’m listening to Bob currently singing "Mr. Tamborine Man." I love it.
10. So there’s this little pizza place in Salem called "Lotsa Motsa Pizza." I’m pretty sure there are at least 534.75 improvements they could make, but I’m still obsessed with that place. If I hadn’t spent all of my money in Switzerland last week (can I just tell you how expensive that country is, unbelievable) I’m pretty sure I would go to Lotsa Motsa every day for their buffet. It’s amazing.
And that’s all.