You know, I started out writing these things every Monday, but somewhere along the line I got my days mixed up. So, I apologize to all of you who are offended by me writing on a Saturday instead of a Monday.
- My head aches. I’ve been grading for the last five million hours. Grading is the one element of teaching that I don’t like (well, sometimes I don’t really like the teaching part either, but that depends on the day).
- Today was my career debut as a fifth grade boys basketball coach. We got demolished. But don’t worry, there’s always next week (and maybe then we’ll even get to double digits).
- I’m 27. You’d think by this age I’d be able to talk to girls to whom I’m attracted without feeling/looking/talking like an idiot. But no. I saw this girl this week and after I was done talking to her I wanted to go stick my head in a hole. BUT . . . I watched Beauty and Beast today and it gave me hope.
- Guess what, I asked a girl on a date this week. She was busy (at least that’s what she said), but I asked. Good huh. So now I don’t have to ask again until February (I know some of you are saying to yourselves that my New Year’s Resolution was to GO on a date once a month, but what you don’t know is that there was actually an addendum which I didn’t post on this here web log which stated that asking was just as good as going . . . so there).
- Not only did I ask a girl on a date, but I also went to a party. True I only lasted about one hour, but I went and that’s really saying something.
- Just to clear up some rumors, I will never, ever cheer for the University of Utah (i.e. Babylon). I don’t care whom they’re playing, or who’s on their team, or anything. To cheer for them is to abandon everything I stand for.
- Kurt Warner is rad. So is Donovan McNabb. Ben Roethlisberger is not. Neither is Eli Manning (although his brother Payton most surely is).