Monday, July 16, 2012

When I Grow Up

I’m currently reading a book by Jim Abbott.  It’s really good.  Reading it made me think of what I want to be when I grow up.

10 Things I want to be when I grow up:

- A writer.  Preferably of short stories, maybe a few poems here and there.  And two novels.

- A college soccer coach.  Small college, somewhere back East.

- A major league baseball pitcher.  Starting pitcher for the Atlanta Braves is what I’d like, but I think I’d settle for the Tigers or Royals.

- A gentleman.  You know, like Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird.

- One of those guys with the deep voices who announces movie titles on movie trailers.

- A high school history teacher.  Maybe in Utah County.

- A resident of England . . . or Scotland . . . or Wales.  I’d settle for any of those three places. 

- An actor in the musical Les Miserables.  Actually, I wouldn’t even mind being a janitor on the stage where Les Miserables takes place.  Basically, just associated with that musical in some way would be fine.

- An advisor to some big-wig politician.  Preferably at a national level. 

- A stocker in a grocery store.  Any grocery store would be okay as long it isn’t one of those health food stores. 

2 comments:

The Montaño’s said...

Now please elaborate on why who want to be those things...

Carrie said...

For Christa's sake I'll elaborate for you. You want to be all those things because they all take place outside of Goshen. Fess up. Tell sweet Mrs. Wright that eventually you'll all be able to leave since said village (that's what Goshen is really) is not likely to get a major league team, any gentleman or even a grocery store any time soon. Les Miserables? Geesh. You might as well start packing now.

Sorry about the accident dear friend.