Oh well. Life goes on.
Here’s what you need to know for this week:
- I got in a car wreck last Tuesday. Yep, it was a real doosy (I don’t know how to spell that word either). I got five staples in my head, a completely ruined car, lots of brownies and cookies, lots of burns on my arms from the airbag (which, according to the Utah Highway Patrol person, saved my life, not the burns, the airbag), a concussion (from hitting my head on the windshield because I was, as the people say, “unrestrained”), a cut on my knee, my first ct scan, and several different medications.
- I’m almost excited for the Olympics. If I hear the theme song a few more times, I think I might get there.
- I think holidays in July are way overrated. How am I supposed to celebrate anything when I’m about to die from heat stroke?
- The Mrs. says I’m arrogant and that I’m too weak to have been a pioneer. I humbly disagree.
- Deep, deep, deep down, I kind of want USA basketball to lose. Wouldn’t that be funny?
- I would just like the world to know that just because Mitt Romney is a Mormon it doesn’t automatically make him a good president. (The opposite, of course, is also probably true. As to which opposite, that’s for you to decide.)
- New movies to hit the “Wright’s Recommendation List”
- Dan in Real Life
- That Thing You Do
- Blood Diamond (edited of course)
- The Mrs. has finally come to the point where she no longer hates Goshen. In her words, “I don’t like it, but I don’t hate it either.” Such progress.
- Ichiro just got traded to the Yankees. I hate my life.