Do you ever those days when you really just want to swear? Today is one of those days. Alas, my personal habits prohibit it for the time being, but just know it might come spewing forth at any time so consider yourself duly warned
In any case, here are ten things you’d be benefited by knowing:
1. My newest favoritest musical artist is Ed Ames. Today I walked into my house only to find my parental units lounging around rocking out to Mr. Ames. I was hooked in an instant. In fact, I can barely wait for the school year to start so that I can let my students listen and appreciate his goodness.
2. I’m an eternal pessimist. My motto: “Not only is the cup of milk half empty, but the milk’s probably sour as well.”
3. My parents are currently out of commission, which means I’m supposed to run the house around these parts. Just one problem, I don’t cook, I can’t clean, I struggle with laundry, and I have no idea how to iron (actually that’s more than one problem isn’t it). Yeah, we’re in trouble (I should mention however that I do clean bathrooms amazingly well, in fact, I have yet to meet anyone who matches my bathroom cleaning abilities, although this Croatian woman I met on my mission comes fairly close).
4. My two younger brothers (Big Stew and S. Eliason) have more social skills that I can ever hope to obtain. How’s that fair?
5. If I weren’t a Mormonite, I’m pretty sure I would be Amish (did you know their language is very similar to Swiss German? Well it is). Actually, do you think I can be a Mormonite and Amish?
6. Lately I’ve really been struggling with my belief in dinosaurs. I mean come on, do you really think that once upon a time there were giant lizards walking around the earth? And then how did they all die? And where were the humans at the time. I don’t know, I have my doubts.
hold on, my Ed Ames CD just ended, I’d better start it over . . . okay, continuing . . .
7. Although I took exactly 23 dance credits at the B.Y. over my seven year undergraduate career, I’m still quite possibly the worst dancer ever created (if you don’t believe me, I can give you endless amounts of film documentation proving my point).
8. I ran a mile today and nearly collapsed from exhaustion. Boy oh boy am I getting fat or what.
9. I love big loopy earrings. I really do. If I ever get married, my wife is going to get them as presents as least once a year . . . probably more.
10. I don’t know why, but I’m pretty sure the 4th of July is my least favorite national holiday. No idea why, that’s just the way it is (and I’m a history teacher, can you believe that).
And that’s all