I have a few things to say
A. For the first time in my life, I'm going to cheer for LeBron James.
Reasons why I choose the Heat:
1. After this series, I dislike LeBron a lot less than I used to. He grew up and matured this last year and I can respect that.
2. I do not like Russell Westbrook.
3. The Thunder beat the Spurs and I'm still bitter.
4. I like Dwayne Wade and Pat Riley.
5. I do not like Russell Westbrook
B. Me and the Mrs. and Holden (plus all of my immediate family) went to the Disneyland and that other park this week. First time in 23 years for me. I liked it more than I thought I would.
Reasons why I didn't hate Disneyland:
1. Soarin was my favorite by far. Screamin took second
2. I loved the old school Disneyland rides. The Mrs. thinks they're boring. She never made it to Neverland.
3. Playing in the ocean with the brothers, et al was very fun (the blisters from the sunburn weren't so much, but still worth it).
4. Holden likes me a lot more when I'm taking him on rides at Disneyland. Crazy huh.
5. The Disney Jr. show and Bugs Life movie were way cooler than expected.
6. Eating McDonald's. Not because it was in Disneyland, but because eating McDonald's is always a highlight in life and is an event to be savored.
C. Every time a major soccer tournament comes around I'm reminded of how much I love major soccer tournaments. It's the Euro Cup this week.
Reasons why I love the Euro Cup:
1. I love England. They never win, but I still love them. When they played U.S. in the World Cup, I cheered for England. If I had a choice, I would live there. I lived there for a couple of months one day and I loved it.
2. Soccer games don't have commercials (except for halftime, but that's when I go get my snacks and use the restroom so I miss them all anyway).
3. I can watch it and rationalize that I'm working and receiving job training.
4. It's a beautiful game.
D. School ended two weeks ago. I miss it.
Reasons why I miss teaching high school:
1. It's fun.
2. I don't get to hear the wisdom of Jeremy Chapman, Shawn Johnson, and Clint Peery every day.
3. Since nobody goes to church in Goshen, the high school is where I get to talk to all of my neighbors.
4. I get to practice my German (my wife just ignores me when I speak German and Holden just laughs).
5. Teaching is one of the few things I can do without embarrassing myself. When I'm not teaching I'm basically useless (except I think I do a decent job of stocking grocery stores and vacuuming out dirty pools).
And that's all.