Today is March 15th. As my good friend once said, "Beware . . . the Ides of March." That about sums up today.
So, this is what I have to say:
- The "I need to set up Andrew Wright with someone" craze has spun completely out of control (which is funny, since I don't go on blind dates at all). I had at least 567.45 million people try and set me up last week. I don't mind, because as one of my many mentor's once said, "Andrew, you should take being set up as a compliment because at least they don't think you're a shmuck." However, moderation in all things please. I'm currently feeling a bit overwhelmed.
- I need a haircut.
- I hate this timezone switchy thing.
- I also hate soccer tryouts. They were two weeks ago and I felt like a jerk. Actually, I take that back; during tryouts I don't just feel like a jerk, I am officially a jerk and I hate it (you see, contrary to popular belief, although sometimes I enjoy acting like a jerk, I don't actually enjoy the state of being a jerk). Life shouldn't consist of moments where I have to tell wide-eyed young 'ens that they aren't good enough. It just doesn't seem right. Breaks my heart actually.
- I ran a mile in six and one half minutes today. Good huh? It's my own personal best. However, this girl named Mary Allphin still beat me. And she's only a sophomore. But I'm not ashamed.
- I started my Star Trek marathon. I'm on movie four and I love them. In fact, I've enjoyed them so much, I was going to write a weblog about that, but I think I'll wait. Let me just say that Spock has definitely entered my top three fictional characters of all time. He's certainly right up there with Dumbledore and Eyore,
- Pray for my Cougars this Thursday; they'll need it.
- I had a student tell me at least 34.56 times today that the assignment I was giving out was stupid. Do you have any idea how badly I wanted to throw something at that student? Don't worry though, I resisted. But he'd better watch out next time . . .
- I'm tired and going to bed.
Live Long and Prosper