Note: I writed this on Tuesday. If I had writed it today, my Cougs definitely would've been on there . . .
Here I am coming home from Lehi on a Nebo School District bus just enjoying a little Mormon Tabernacle Choir as I write this here note/web log entry. Our teams lost today. But that’s okay. They played hard and I didn’t feel like a complete idiot as a coach (which is kind of what I expected to feel like).
This week, as you may or may not know (you British people might be unaware at least), is Thanksgiving. I really, really like Thanksgiving; it’s easily my third favorite holiday behind my birthday and Christmas. Anyway, since it be Thanksgiving, I’ve decided to write about what I’m thankful for. My Mormonite leaders are always telling me to be more thankful so today I’m going to make an attempt. I hope you don’t mind.
My List of Thanks
- I’m grateful for my job. I realize I’m an average teacher and probably slightly below average coach, but when all is said and done, I love going to work and I don’t think I can ask for more than that. Plus, any job is a blessing in these times right.
- I’m thankful for Autumn. Summer’s too hot, winter’s too cold, and spring has too many allergens. Fall is perfect.
- I’m thankful for good movies. I added several to my list last week: Blindside, Night Crossing, and Sabrina (the old school version)
- I’m thankful for my mission. Nothing has affected me so deeply and so strongly. I will never be the same because of it and I would give anything to go back.
- I’m thankful for my brothers and sisters. As far as siblings go they ain’t half bad. And I guess my brothers and sisters in law are bearable as well.
- I’m thankful for sports. For one thing, they’re the reason I have a job. For another, they’re kind of enjoyable to watch/play. And I’m really thankful for Monday Nite Football. It provides one time per week that I can watch the NFL without feeling guilty.
- I’m thankful for Mormonite stuff.
- I’m thankful for sleep. It’s what I look forward to every day.
- I’m thankful for my A3 class. It’s the other thing I look forward to each day. They’re pretty dad-gum rad, even if a couple of them are obsessed with George Strait.
- I’m thankful for Christmas. Can you imagine how depressing winter would be without the Christmas season.
- I’m thankful for beautiful music. Right now I’m listening to “My Shepherd Will Supply” by the Mormon Choir. It definitely qualifies.
- I’m thankful for General Conference. It is quite possibly the only thing I look forward to more than Christmas.
- I’m thankful for my books. I don’t read enough. I need to read more. Any good book suggestions? (and if you suggest a book and it’s not good, I will rip all your toenails off, so beware)
- I’m thankful for great people who do great things. Like I said, this week I watched a movie called Night Crossing. How people ever get the courage to do such amazing things I will never know.
- I’m grateful for true friends. I don’t know that I have very many, but I couldn’t live without the ones that I do have.
- I’m thankful for all of my sweaters. I’m kind of the sweater king around these parts and I find that pretty cool.
- I’m thankful for the dinner that comes at the end of Fast Sunday.
- I’m thankful for my fantastic stake president Chad the Rowley and the fantastic stake president I had before him President Roy Silcox.
- I’m thankful for my missionary trainer Elder Stuart Russell. He was an amazing missionary.
- I’m thankful for heaters in automobiles.
- And last but not least, I’m thankful for my amazing mother and my great father. May God bless them both.
P.S. I’m thankful for a lot of other stuff too, but this is what came to mind.