I have a couple of things to say:
1. My brother, Speedy Dub, is on his mission in the Brazil. From his letters I gather that, in the two weeks he's been in the field, he's already taught more people on his mission than I did in two years on mine (no exageration, really).
2. From the looks of things it appears that the Salem, Utah 84653 is about to get its first traffic lite. Do they have ribbon cuttings for traffic lites? I'm going if'n they do.
3. Sometimes people ask me if teaching is hard. Let me answer that question for any who might wonder: No, it is not hard at all. Honest. We only work from 7:30 to 3:00 (with a forty minute lunch), we work with some of the most incredible people in the world, and we only work about 188 days a year. How can anybody think that would be hard?
4. The past week I saw two movies: Bolt and The Day the Earth Stood Still. I really, really liked both movies, but I especially liked Bolt. It was great and I would recommend it to all people with any taste in good movieness (my favorite character was the agent by the way).
5. I bought stock in Wendys the other day. Hope it doesn't collapse.
6. I'm still not listening to Christmas music. Nope. I'm waiting until just the right time.
7. And finally, I'll end with just a few statements from my students these last couple of weeks:
Situation One: A girl slept in my class and was just waking up--
- Mr Wright: Jane (names have been changed . . .), I hope you enjoyed your nap. At least you'll be awake in your next class
- Jane: Oh don't worry Mr. Wright. I won't fall asleep in my next class. I like my next teacher.
Situation Two: I was handing out an assignment and explaining how my assignments develop knowledge--
- Pete: Ah screw knowledge, let's watch a movie.
- Pam the Cheerleader: Yeah Mr. Wright, we don't learn anything from these stupid assignments anyway.
Situation Three: I was talking to Mr. Rockwood (a fellow social studies teacher) and a student walked up to me
- Tim: Wow Mr. Wright, are you actually carrying on an intelligent conversation.
And that's all.
P.S. My prediction for Super Bowl Champion: The Colts