Monday, October 27, 2008

Back to Monday

Well hello all.

It seems like I’m supposed to be doing something important right now, but I’m not really sure what that would be. It’s 10:10 p.m., the World Series has been delayed, and the Colts lost; that’s about all that’s registering in my mind currently.

Oh wait, there is one other thing, I was just reading about the Church’s support of Proposition Eight. I was going to write my thoughts about it (I had a whole paragraph typed up), but I decided not to ‘cause then I would have to be serious and thoughtful. Personally, I think serious people are boring (course according to some, since I‘m a Mormon, I don‘t even have the ability to think and have been brainwashed since I was two, so to them it would probably be impossible for me to be thoughtful at all).

Okay, okay, I will say this: I think President Monson’s an alright fellow, no matter what all those people who read the Tribune think (apparently, some of them aren‘t too fond of him).

But now, on to more serious issues:

- Last week was the end of the term. I didn’t fail nearly as many students this term as I did last year first term. What’s wrong with me? Am I getting soft in my old age or what?

- Sometimes a teacher gets in teaching ruts. I’m currently in a teaching rut from which I must soon escape or my students may start egging my house or slashing my tires (actually, most of my students probably think I’m in a teaching rut all of the time, so they probably don’t even notice the difference).

- Jamon: Word.

- Some unnamed people tried to play a nasty, nasty trick on me tonite (a plate of cookies tied to a string placed innocently on my doorstep). Don’t worry, I wasn’t fooled. But it sure was a close call. I was almost, ALMOST, taken in. My humiliation would’ve been irreparable had I been fooled by such deceit. Don’t worry, the culprits will pay.

- There’s this guy I know named Nathan Rees. We went to high school together. I think he’s a decent fellow. If you ever meet, be sure you say “hi” from me.

- And finally, since today is Red Ribbon week (actually, they don’t hand out ribbons anymore, now they hand out red wristbands, which is nice ’cause I never could get my ribbon on without poking myself with my pin 38 times), I would just like to once again confirm that I don’t do drugs. Nope. None. Never.

And that’s all I have to say for now. Be nice.

5 comments:

Jana B. said...

i believe in repaying the compliment of your comment on my blog with a comment on yours. thanks for the warning about death. i shall do my best.

as always, your writing makes me laugh. and i'm also sticking with the "don't talk about serious things like prop 8 on my blog" because... well, i'm too vain and would much rather talk about myself... and also those things are far too sophisticated for something as common as "the common."

Davison Family said...

I don't think you realize just how much I look forward to reading your blogs, I sometimes even get bugged if they are short-wierd I know! Well have a splendid week

Steve Clark said...

I think President Monson is quite the alright fellow as well. Great point of view on that nasty subject about proposition 8... the world is ending, that's all I gotta say. Keep up all the writing, I love reading it!

Lindsay Johnson said...

Skin,

I have too many thoughts about your blog to actually put in words. So therefore i will type none of them. I'm in NY right now with Liz and Amy. We just ate burgers and shakes and fries and are doing absolutely nothing. I love new york.

Miss you skin. here is the address:

551 n. 200 e. #305.

Come by if you can handle such amazing people. Sometimes I wonder if you can. :)

Linds

JJCC said...

I just wanted to let you know I am your blog stalker. Between you and Chersten I am entertained. When I grow up I want to be as eloquent as you both are.