- The other day I went to a social gathering over there in the Provo (I try to avoid such things as you well know, but it was friend Cammie's birthday so . . .). Whilst there I noticed that my already shaky socializing skills are, I think, getting worse (some of you might think that's impossible, but it is verily true). That's not good, not good at all, especially since I'm losing my hair as well. No hair AND no social skills, I'm in trouble.
- Along those lines, my bishop told me I should try to go on a date once a week. I can barely even talk to a girl once a week, let alone go on a date. However, apparently some bloke started some sort of Salem singles online dating site or something like that. Maybe I should check that out.
- On a different note, my niece Kadee, she's five, told me that I really need to get a cell phone. How dare she.
- Another one of my varsity soccer players is injured and out of commission. I swear, I need to pay more tithing or something 'cause the soccer gods sure aren't being generous these days. Who did sin, me or my parents that I cannot catch a break.
- I watched Rudy last nite. I cried. Great show. GREAT show.
- I love October so much (I realize it's still September, but I'm just getting excited). I mean, think about it, you've got General Conference, baseball playoffs, NFL and college football, and NBA preseason, plus the weather is generally fantastic. I tell you, life does not get much better. The song really should have been, "Wake me up, when OCTOBER comes."
- I just watched the Republican National Convention. My dad sure was swayed by ole Brother Guiliani's speachifying. Pops just flipped-flopped his vote right there. Me, I'm still not convinced with Senator McCain, but I sure do like that Palin lady (mistakes and all). However, for the time being, I'm still a fence sitter, waiting . . . and still waiting . . .