The Mrs. is downstairs resting because she has a headache (that’s what happens when you are forced to live with yours truly). I’m currently sitting here in my living room watching the Chicago Bears play the Philadelphia Eagles. My brother, Big Stew, is convinced that Philly will win the Super Bowl. I wouldn’t mind if that happened, but myself, I’m not so sure.
Anyway, this is what you should know as the the winter approaches.
- Just one question, if all newspapers go out of business, (which seems possible) what are people going to use to build fires? I mean we have to have something light to start the kindling.
- I miss the NBA. I don’t care that they’re both (the owners and the players) extremely rich and probably not the most humble people in the world, I sure do enjoy watching professional basketball.
- My wife told me the other day, “You know, just when I start to think that you’re really weird, I get on facebook and decide [after seeing others on there] that you could be weirder.” Not really sure what to make of that.
- I’m obsessed with Jeopardy.
- The Mrs. found a gray hair yesterday. I was so proud. (Actually, I never thought that I would have any hair to actually turn gray so that was nice too).
- I am still so upset that the Rangers lost the World Series. It brought to mind my most depressing sports memory of all time: The Athletics loss to the Reds in 1990. I actually still haven’t recovered. I don’t think I’ll ever recover actually. It has scarred me for life.
- I think the world should petition J.K. Rowling to write another series of some sort. I miss her wisdom.
- One of Holden’s first phrases upon rejoining us this week: “BYU is yucky.” I’m still appalled.
- I still do not understand Twitter. I mean I understand the “how”, but the “why” is so beyond me. Why?
And that’s all. I hope you have a great night.