I currently be in Texas. My mother, my youngest brother, my niece, Big Stew, and I made our journey down here last Friday and Saturday (it's Spring Break you see). We came down to visit my other brother Aaron and his family who live in Hurst (it's right outside of Dallas).
Now I should notify you that I've never really been to Texas (I've been to the airport several times, but that doesn't really count now does it). As this is my first time here, I've been making muchos observations. Some are as follows:
- I don't like it here for the following reasons:
1 - It's been windy here every day and I hate the wind.
2 - There ain't no mountains.
3 - It's five million degrees and it's only April. How depressing would life be with no spring.
4 - The sky here is pretty drab. Switzerland still has the best skies as far as I'm concerned.
- It's a pretty long drive from Salem, Utah to Dallas, Texas if you didn't know (not quite as long as from Provo to New Hampshire though if you were wondering). Also, watch out for the cops in Moab. The tickets in Grand County are pretty dad-gum expensive (course it doesn't really help when you're going thirty over).
- I like it here for the following reasons:
1 - My brother lives here and he's alright as far as brothers are concerned.
2 - I love Texas accents. They remind me of our former president who I also think is alright as far as presidents are concerned.
3 - They have lots of McDonalds around and I love McDonalds.
4 - The American Airlines Center (home of the Mavericks and Stars) looks like a pretty fantastic place.
- There are some pretty sketchy gas stations between Texas and Utah. At one of them I was pretty sure I was going to be kidnapped and be on the next episode of Unsolved Mysteries. (It didn't help that at the gas station before there had been inmates who were taking a bathroom break, leg irons and everything).
- Yesterday at a park I saw two women working on their football skills (not just playing mind you, but discussing strategies and skills etc.). Everybody really does play football in Texas.
- I love Harry Potter books and movies.
And until I have further information of this Texas place, I'll be signing off.