Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tagged Schon Wieder

Finally, back to normalcy and non-seriousness (I hope you’re all as relieved as I am). My good sister K-Dawn tagged me a bit back and I now respond.

Joys

1. Driving to Goshen. (I know I said I wasn’t going to be serious, but I hope you'll forgive this exception). I drove there today and it is definitely one of the coolest places ever. I highly recommend it if you’ve never been there.

2. Eating cheese. I think I’m addicted.

3. Giving tests (easily one of the best things about being a teacher)

Fears

1. Going completely and utterly baldified.

2. Going on a date and forgetting my money/debit card. If that ever happened, I think my dating days would be officially over.

3. One day one of my classes (I can picture it now) totally mutinying against me and going absolutely ballistic. In fact, I periodically have nightmares about such an event and I always wake up the next morning a little bit unsure of myself.

Goals

1.Not to complain on my web log. I think I’m doing a good job thus far.

2. Not be the worst teacher ever (I’m not saying I AM the worst teacher ever, I’m saying I never want to descend to that status).

3. Learn how to ride a horse. And I don’t mean just sit on a horse as it saunters around. I mean I want to really learn how to ride . . . like the man from Snowy River.

Current obsessions

1. Goshen

2. Playing chess on my computer. I’m really bad (I only win about 33% and that’s on the beginning level) but shoot, once I get started, there’s no stopping me. In fact, I left my laptop at the school today just so that I can try and break my addiction.

3. Trying to figure out why fans and athletes in general are typically so . . . hmmm . . . what’s the word . . . obnoxious. Really, I think about it all the time. Get a fairly decent person, put them in a sports atmosphere, and he/she will suddenly become so obnoxious, biased, and basically unbearable. Madness.

Facts

1. Peyton Manning is THE BEST quarterback in the NFL.

2. Christmas music is to be listened to solely during the months of November, December, and January (enjoy it while it lasts Mother).

3. People that root against the Cougars of the B.Y.U. are not going to heaven.

3 comments:

The Montaño’s said...

Can I hook you up with Man from Snowy river mooves or what. We even have saddles like his. And mountain brumbies, non of this quarter horse jargon- well, actually, I think all our thoroghbreds are gone, but you can still look like Jim Craig. My bro Scott or my sis Tracy can hook you up! They'd love to! Infact, Scott's taking some girl riding tomorrow. Get Stewie to make the call:)

Skinny said...

one problem:

i'm squared to death of horses.

Stephen said...

are you serious?