This week the Mrs. and I went to the District (for you uneducated people, that’s Washington D.C.). I learned/observed the following:
1. The Washington Wizards are not good. In fact, they’re painfully ungood.
2. The last Twilight Movie is actually very enjoyable (much more enjoyable than watching a Wizards game for example). If I had to rate the movies, it would be as follows
b. Breaking Dawn part two
d. Breaking Dawn part one
e. New Moon
3. Not to stereotype, but compared to just about every other race, white people come off as pretty grumpy and/or ornery (unless they’re drunk). I wonder why that is.
4. After seeing all the exhibits, etc. I decided that the U.S. of A. really isn’t that bad, even if most Utah Republicans are convinced that our government is going to collapse in the next week or so.
5. I cannot believe how many museum displays have Richard Nixon in them. That dude is one popular guy.
6. Speaking of popular, I fail to understand why JFK was so popular. I really wonder if the only reason he is so well-known is because he was shot.
7. The Mrs. is amazing. She basically planned and organized the whole trip. If it were left up to me, I don’t think we would have even made it to the aeroport
8. My favorite places (in order)
a. Our breakfast buffet every morning
b. The Capitol building
c. Arlington National Cemetery
d. The Newseum
e. Smithsonian American History Museum (except for about half the museum was under renovation which was sad).
9. Pretty sure the National Archives had the best gift shop.
And that’s all.